CPU fan error is a typical error message that may display when you start a desktop or laptop running Windows. When a device has shut down itself due to overheating, the alert is normally triggered. When the fans are unable to properly cool the hardware, this will happen.
This CPU FAN ERROR is not a critical issue. Some settings change to resolve your problem. So Don’t worry in this post to learn more solutions for these CPU Fan Error. Continue reading this blog.
- How does a CPU fan error appear?
- What Causes CPU Fan Error on Boot?
- Fix CPU Fan Error
- Update and Fix Common Problem
- Disable control of CPU fan speed in the BIOS
How does a CPU fan error appear?
When you start your Windows PC it frequently display CPU Fan Error. It is a common problem of the computer. The error message is shown is one of the following option:
“Error: CPU fan has failed!”
“CPU fan error”
What Causes CPU Fan Error on Boot?
The Hardware and Software are both main causes of the CPU FAN Error. Solve this error checking specific settings.
Due to dust the CPU fan speed error.
The main reason for the computer to stop working or CPU Fan Error is because the fan is running slowly or the dust has been stuck for a long time.
Hardware Trouble Check your CPU Fan
You have to manually check if the fan hasn’t loose or fallen out of place. You should be able to fasten your fans back into place with a screwdriver or glue, depending on your fan size.
- Check the connection for such a fan. Inspect the connection to the motherboard.
- Remove and clean the fan and the dust. Compressed air should be used for cleaning.
- Make sure that the cooling fan spins and works as expected.
- Reapply the thermal paste to lower the CPU temperature.
Fix CPU Fan Error
Move your computer.
The cause of the computer shutdown is that it can become too hot and shut down if left in an area with high heat or sunlight. It doesn’t matter how hard a fan works. Place your computer in a cooler room or ensure that it never puts on the day in direct sunlight.
Clean the CPU Fan
Clean the fan using an air compressor. Keep in mind don’t spray any cleaning liquid directly on any parts. It seriously damages a variety of components.
Check the CPU fan’s settings in BIOS.
If the user has recently made improvements to the fan speed from the operating system software or the BIOS, it is very likely that the settings have not been set properly. This mistake in this case suggests that the cooler’s rotating speed is insufficient to cool the CPU. You would then restore the settings as they were before the updates.
Change the BIOS setting.
In the BIOS, search the CPU fan settings. Often it can be used to troubleshoot technological difficulties and to ensure that everything works correctly.
Open the BIOS, [ Advanced Settings] > [ Hardware Monitor > [ a CPU fan] to select it. Enables active heatsinks and fan ducts with fans, and disables passive heatsinks and fan ducts without fans . Save your changes and exit the BIOS.
You May Also Like to Read :-
- Introducing “YouTube Mini Player” Play Videos On A Small Screen On The Desktop Version
- Everyone Loves Windows 10 Split Screen
- Blog Topic Generator An Incredibly Easy Method! That Works For All
- A must-see for anyone who wants to start Correct SEO knowledge ! 15 articles to read to learn more
- Where to Promote My Blog ! 5 free Social Media tools you want to use to be effective
- 2 Reasons Why Blogging is Encouragingly For Businesses
- Make the Best Business Blog! 10 Tips You Should Know For That
Replace the CPU fan.
Replace the fan for the CPU. The fan will be broken if none of the above works, and has to be replaced. The fan replacement could be protected by the device warranty. Often if you order the fans separately, you will have their own promise that you can use to get a replacement that is free or discounted.
Fixed CPU fan error in BIOS
The following are several steps that are required to run a CPU fan. Begin with the shortest solution and then step on from your machine to the solution that allows you to delete the case. It is best to contact a maintenance expert if you are unfamiliar with the internal hardware of your computer.
Rebuild all and restart your computer to apply the BIOS settings after making sure the issue is not connected to the hardware. The BIOS configuration utility can be accessed by all current Windows computers by pressing F10 during the boot process.
You can customize most of the hardware features of your computer, such as CPU fans, using the BIOS. You may also adjust the speed of the fan, in addition to diagnostics.
Using the left and right arrows on the BIOS utility screen to navigate through the options. Go to Advanced Setup> Hardware Monitor> CPU Fans. then Follow the settings below.
Active heat sink: Enabled
Passive heat sink: disabled
Fan duct with fan: Effective
Fan duct without fan: disabled
Update and Fix Common Problem
We now suggest using this tool to deal with the mistakes. This tool also fixes common computer problems, saves you from file loss, viruses, hardware defects, and optimizes the full performance of your PC. You will fix the PC issue easily and keep this program from happening to others.:
Step 2: “Start scan” to find Windows registry problems which may be the cause of PC problems.
Step 3: “Solve all fixed problems.
Disable control of CPU fan speed in the BIOS
- The BIOS to get you started .
- Go to the settings above for Advanced .
- Check the section for tracking (monitoring).
- Use Ignore to change the CPU fan speed and check the change.
- Let Windows start and search for improvements.
- Thankfully, there are many methods to identify the exact cause and how to repair the message of overheating and error.
Save your changes to the configuration and exit. It’ll restart the machine.
Go back to the BIOS if the error message persists and set the fan speed to between 300 and 600 rpm.
If you always get an error message, it means your fan has a problem. Replace the Fan with a new one.