We will discuss the best business blog and give you 10 tips. Last time I explained why blogging is beneficial to businesses. This time, if you are convinced of it and are starting a blog, here are some tips for making it an effective blog.
“Did you have trouble writing on your blog? Then let’s use the BLOG TOPIC GENERATOR! This is the second theme of this week’s blog, which was decided in “10 Tips for Making Your Blog Effective”.
10 Tips for Using Your Blog for Marketing
- 10 Tips for Using Your Blog for Marketing
- 1. Think about the personality (persona) of the reader
- 2. Develop a keyword strategy for best business blog
- 3. Mobile compatible
- 4. Place your blog in a subdirectory or subdomain
- 5. The name of the blog
- 6. Put two or more keywords in the article title
- 7. Use text tailored to the web
- 8. Call for action in the article
- 9. Post to social media
- 10. Update your blog as often as possible
1. Think about the personality (persona) of the reader
Who do you want the blog to read?
Writing a blog without setting a target will not be effective. The reason is that a blog without a target cannot write a good blog because it cannot determine the genre to write and the content of the article.
When considering personas, consider specific age groups, social job titles, and the problems they face. Also, when the marketing team thinks, it is possible to create a more specific persona by collaborating with the sales team who is involved with the customer at the front line.
Create blog content, sales materials, etc. for the persona you have created.
2. Develop a keyword strategy for best business blog
Once you’ve decided on a persona, think about what keywords they will use to visit your blog.
For example, if you are a car insurance company, the important keyword is “car insurance”. This important keyword is called a big keyword with a large number of searches. If you can get first place with big keywords, you can say that it is highly evaluated on search engines.
However, since the actual search is performed with various keywords such as “automobile insurance comparison” and “what is the automobile insurance grade”, it is necessary to think with the important keyword + α. This is called the long tail keyword.
Long-tail keywords have fewer searches than big keywords but are characterized by the fact that many people are eagerly seeking that information.
The general blogging strategy is to capture long-tail keywords and take the time to aim for big keywords. First of all, let’s decide the long tail keyword to capture.
When deciding on long-tail keywords, it’s a good idea to use Google Suggest.
3. Mobile compatible
Supporting mobile devices, especially smartphones, has a great deal to do with usability and SEO. In particular, Japan has a culture of using the Internet on mobile for a long time, and smartphones have begun to spread, which is accelerating. For example, more than 30% of high-velocity monthly visitors come on mobile.
In addition, Google has introduced “Is it optimized for smartphones?” As a factor that determines the search results of smartphones.
Specifically, it has the following elements.
- The display is optimized for the screen size of the smartphone: Is the button easy to touch even on mobile, etc.
- The link is appropriate: Specifically, when you send the mobile to a dedicated site, is the link destination a mobile-only site, etc.
- Fast loading speed: Small page size, stress-free display even at mobile communication speeds
For more information, see Google’s “How to Build a Website Optimized for Mobile Devices .”
There are several ways to optimize mobile, but we take advantage of responsive web design. Simply put, this is a web design that can be optimally displayed on PCs, smartphones, tablets, and all devices with a single source code.
By the way, Google also recommends responsive web design, so if you have no special circumstances, please consider responsive web design.
4. Place your blog in a subdirectory or subdomain
The impact of blogging on your website isn’t just about attracting readers and getting leads. It gives your website an edge on SEO. However, using an external blog service (such as Ameba Blog or Livedoor Blog) has little SEO effect on your website.
What this means is that fresh, good content must be in the same domain as your website. The way to do this is to put your blog in a subdomain or subdirectory.
The differences between the two are as follows.
- Subdomain: Used when the role is different from the home page, such as blog.yoursitename.com
- Subdirectory: Used when making one content in the site in the form of yoursitename.com/blog
There is no one that is better in terms of SEO, but if you think of a blog as content, it is more natural to set it up in a subdirectory.
5. The name of the blog
The name of the blog is also an important factor. A name like “inbound marketing blog” that uses important keywords is more useful for readers to judge what kind of blog it is than something like “Basic Computer Knowledge” that uses company names. It is also effective for search engines.
However, entering more than one keyword is counterproductive, so use only one keyword.
6. Put two or more keywords in the article title
If the article title doesn’t include keywords, it’s unlikely that you’ll get caught in a search engine. Also, if you happen to see an article on social media, you will not know what kind of article it is, and it will not be noticed by people who are looking at the website.
Specifically, you need to be aware of the long-tail keywords and enter two or more keywords. If it were a sports shop, would it look like this?
- I tried to summarize the rackets of Wimbledon players! (Keywords: Wimbledon, racket)
- Because it will be used for a long time. Let’s take care of baseball grabs (keywords: baseball, grabs, care)
The length of the title is also important, and it is generally said that 30 characters or less are good. This is because Google displays 30 characters in search engines, and the title displayed in Hatena Bookmarks has 32 characters.
The most important thing is how to convey the value of a blog concisely to those who are about to read it. Let’s think about the title with this in mind.
7. Use text tailored to the web
If you get used to paper and printed media on a daily basis, you tend to get used to the writing format. Just as the paper has a paper style, the web has a web style.
The Nielsen Norman Group’s How User Read on the Web summarizes web-readable texts as follows:
- Emphasize keywords
- Meaningful Headline: Not “Wise”
- Use bullet points
- One idea per paragraph: The user closes the page if the first paragraph doesn’t make sense
- Make it an inverted pyramid type that states from the conclusion
- Reduce the amount of text to less than half the normal amount
- There is also an example sentence using this, so please refer to this blog as well.
8. Call for action in the article
Call for some action in the published article.
Take a credit card company as an example. If a credit card company wrote a comparison about credit card screening, let’s call for action like “Download the white paper here!” That explains the credit card screening at the end.
As someone who is interested in credit card screening, you are more likely to react to this action.
If you would like to download the white paper, please create an input form and ask for your name and email address so that we can send you an email when new information is available.
If you get an email address here, you will be a potential customer who will be able to do email marketing with email and new content.
If you want to get potential customers on your blog, be sure to call for action. By the way, this is called Call to Action (CTA).
9. Post to social media
Social media is an important source of traffic for your site. Once you’ve published your blog, post the article on social media.
Even in that case, it is effective to look for a time with a high response rate such as clicks instead of publishing it immediately. Facebook can use the insights on its page to find out when it has a lot of online fans. Let’s make use of such information and find a good time.
We also recommend that you set up a social share button so that visitors to your blog can easily share it on social media.
10. Update your blog as often as possible
According to HubSpot’s State of Inbound Marketing 2020, blog updates affect contract wins. 56% of companies are once a month, 66% are companies once a week, 78% are companies once a day, and 92% are companies multiple times a day, so try to update as much as possible. Let’s do it.
Also, if you publish frequently, the index will steadily accumulate. As the number of indexes that include keywords related to your business increases, it will also have an advantage on SEO, so let’s accumulate the content assets of the blog.
Blogs are an unsung hero that helps your web marketing. But to do that, you have to know the right methodology.
Find out why blogging is useful, how to use it correctly, and achieve the best web marketing!
Find More Posts
- Sexy WINDOWS 10 FEATURES
- Basic Computer Quiz Questions with Answers
- 10 Things To Know About What Does A VPN Hide And How Does It Work?.
- The Secret Of WINDOWS 12 FEATURES AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENT
- Printer not Working? How to Fix Printer Problem on Windows 10 PC
- 10 Easy Ways To Increase Your Battery Life on a Windows 10
- 10 Easy Way To Improve Your Sound Quality | Windows 10